The Voice of Agriculture in the Mountain State
Women's Leadership Committee
The West Virginia Farm Bureau Women’s Leadership Committee provides opportunities for women to become involved in all aspects of Farm Bureau, as they add a vital perspective to the organization.
Specific areas of focus are: developing leaders, promoting and educating others about agriculture, and influencing the political process.
2024 Leadership Committee
State Chairperson: Pam Hessler
Vice Chairperson: Mary Clay
Secretary: Debby Burdette
Chair: Pam Hessler
Vice-Chair: Dorrie Blue
Chair: Frances Alt
Vice-Chair: Jessica Hoover
Chair: Tanya Pitsenbarger
Vice-Chair: Andrea Lambert
Chair: Beckie Jack
Vice-Chair: Jessica Otte
Chair: Ann Nestor
Vice-Chair: Mariah Hatton
Chair: Janet Wigal
Vice-Chair: Shelly K. Mason
Chair: Debby Burdette
Vice-Chair: Miranda King
Chair: Mary Clay
Flora & Denver Turner Memorial Youth Speech
Please contact your county FB for the county contest deadline and competition time.
STATE DEADLINE: October 15, 2024
- To promote a stronger interest and clearer understanding of the many aspects of agriculture.
- To provide opportunities for our youth to gain knowledge, appreciation, and understanding of agriculture, and help to promote its
many values and virtues.
Lexi Mitchell (Roane County), Wins First-place
Congratulations to Lexi Mitchell (Roane County), first-place recipient of the Flora and Denver Turner Memorial Youth Speech Contest Award. Lexi is pictured here with Kim Turner Brown and her husband, Boone Brown. Many thanks go out to the Turner family. We appreciate that Kim and Boone Brown continue to support our youth and actively participate in the award ceremony.
WVFB Women’s Committee Photo Contest
Category 1: County Farm Bureau Activity
Category 2: Comical, Funny, Whimsical Ag Photograph
Category 3: Rural Scene
- Only 1 entry per person, per category.
- Entries can be sent to the WVFB State Office or brought to the annual meeting on Friday.
- All entries must be 5 x 7 inches and be mounted on a mat board. There must be approximately 1” on all sides of the photo. The photo must be glued on securely and information must be on the back of the matting board as indicated below in #7.
- Both color and black & white photographs are acceptable.
- The mat board can be any color.
- Photographs in frames will not be accepted.
- The photographer’s name, address and county must be on the back of the entry. Entries with name or other markings (names of businesses, advertising, or other script on the front of the mat or photo) will not be accepted.
- Photographs must be the work of the exhibitor and be submitted by amateur photographers.
Entries will be on display during the WVFB Annual Meeting.
- Judging of photographs will be done by the delegation attending the WVFB Annual Meeting beginning the second day of the meeting.
- Cash prizes will be awarded in all three categories; 1st – $50, 2nd – $30, and 3rd – $20.
- In case of tie votes, the Women’s Leadership Committee will chose, by “luck of the draw” only 1 winner in each category.
- All photos will become property of the WVFB until judging. For publicity purposes, prize winners’ photos need to remain with WVFB. You will not receive your check until after the meeting. If photographs which were chosen winners are not left on the display board for the WV Farm Bureau’s use, you will not be given
a prize check.
- WVFB will have the right to use the photos and include them in publications and promotional material.
- Photographs must be taken by a Farm Bureau member in good standing. We will check the roster.